Children are expected to comply with the school uniform at all times, which is:
- Black or grey trousers, skirt, or pinafore.
- White polo shirts, white shirts, or white blouses.
- Blue sweatshirts or cardigans with the school logo.
- White, black, blue, or grey socks or tights.
- Blue checked dresses for the summer (optional).
- Plain black, flat shoes (no open-toed sandals)
Our uniform supplier is Sportsbug Limited, Uniform Suppliers, in Melksham.
- Plain black shorts.
- Plain white or blue t-shirt.
- Jogging bottoms
- Sweatshirt or tracksuit for winter PE.
- Daps (or trainers for the juniors).
Optional Extras (All with Logo):
- Blue reversible, showerproof coat
The PE kit should be stored in a small drawstring bag (named) and kept in school every day, as PE times can alter depending on the weather and the time of year.
We ask that ALL items of clothing (especially T-shirts, sweatshirts, and daps) are clearly marked.
Children are also encouraged to use a St George’s book bag, in which they can carry books, reading records, and notes to and from school.
Logoed items can all be purchased from Sportsbug Uniform Suppliers, in Melksham.
We request that hair is its natural colour with no extremes of style. Long hair should be tied back and “tram lines” are not accepted. Hair gel should also not be worn and any hair accessories should be small and understated.
Health and safety is of utmost importance at St George’s School. Therefore, the wearing of jewellery and watches is not encouraged, and during PE sessions will not be permitted. Please ensure these items are left at home as we cannot be held responsible for the safekeeping of such items. Newly pierced ears must be covered by plasters, provided by parents, to avoid being caught during physical activities. If earrings are deemed necessary, they should only be in the form of plain studs.